Volunteering Video Competition for Young People
The Volunteering Video Competition for Young People invites young Australians aged 15 to under 25 years to create a video that will promote ways for young people to be involved in their community and capture the enjoyment, fun and social interaction that volunteering brings.
The theme for this competition is "Your Passion, Our Nation. Volunteer Now!"
Through this competition, young people can showcase the benefits of volunteering, including:
- Shaping and supporting your community;
- Gaining and enhancing practical skills and experience;
- Helping others and giving something back to your community;
- Gaining satisfaction from taking practical action to build a better community;
The competition will open for 13 weeks commencing 9am AEST on Thursday 19 April 2012 until 5pm AEST on Sunday 22 July 2012.
Entrants to the competition will be divided into two groups:
- Category A - Aged 15 to under 18; and
- Category B - Aged 18 to under 25.
Entrants will submit a 30 to 60 second audiovisual advertisement to promote volunteering to young people. Submissions received will be published online and a judging panel will assess the submissions.
There are a range of prizes on offer and winners will be announced in September 2012.
To assist you in promoting the Competition, we have attached the following for you:
- a competition promotional poster that you can print and email to your constituents.
- a thumbnail that you can include on your website.
Your participation in the competition will help spread the message to ensure volunteering grows into the future.
More information about the competition will be available at the Competition website