Pathways at Jets
Young people can gain valuable experience in the creative industries through a range of available programs:
For interested students in years 9-12. Placement is completed in block weeks at various times (see the list below), in small groups of around four students at a time, so advanced noticed is required.
While completing a placement at Jets you may find yourself doing things such as:
- Helping out at live music events.
- Assisting with the delivery of youth programs that could include film, animation, drama, painting or photography.
- Helping in the office with administration tasks.
- Helping around the facility with basic maintenance tasks.
Key personal attributes for potential placements:
- Creative & Fun
- Open to trying new things
- A positive altitude for working with people of different abilities
- Non judgmental and Accepting of all people.
WORK EXPERIENCE TIMES IN 2017:
8th - 12th of May: Video, Design & Marketing ~ Work with the Jets Crew to renew, create & evaluate media and marketing material. *Eligibility requirements apply for this placement*
19th- 25th of June: Lighting & Events ~ Work with the Jets Crew to run Lighting week and support with the annual Battle of the bands!
11th - 17th of September: Events ~ Work with Jets Crew in the final week of YOUTHFEST 2017!
13th - 19th of November: Events ~ Work with the Jets Crew to prepare for and deliver a stage at Malahang Community Festival!
Please note: We are only able to offer work experience placements within these times, often schools can be flexible with dates ask you work experience teacher/school.
* This will be a real life project that will require you attend two preparation sessions in the weeks leading up to the placement, these sessions are tentatively booked for Wednesday the 26th of April 4pm-7pm & Wednesday the 3rd of May 4pm-7pm.
Structured work placment, Volunteering & ongoing placements:
Getting a placement or volunteering in the creative industry can be very difficult to access.
For young people aged 15- 25 our Jets crew member program can be the perfect stepping to gain the skills, knowledge and experience to go on to other industries, employment, training or pathways.
If this sound like you sign up to become a Jets crew member today.
Different programs and activities include:
- Film and Photo groups- Photo shoots, event film and photography and Music video creation
- Jets Intern Program – A yearlong intern program
- Jets Records – Work with a crew of young people to release two act per year
- Jets FReeZA - event crew Assist in putting on a range of awesome event through the year
- Jets studio Club – Get recording by the Jets interns and hang in the studio and learn by doing
- And much more
Once a Jets crew member it’s up to you to make the most of opportunities that are offered at sessions and through regular email outs.
We have found in the past that people that show up regularly and are friendly, patience, prepared to have a go at new things and self-motivated gain many opportunity’s.
Most of the activity’s and projects that Jets crew members participate in can often be used to count towards industry placements for many school and uni course’s, please speak to us if this is of interest to you.
Are you looking to complete your placement hours for a Community Music, Community Services, Youth Work or other relevant qualification? Talk to us about how we can help meet your needs.
Please call Jets before completing the application process.
To apply for work experience or a placement at Jets please follow these three steps.
Please note Applications close 1 month prior to the start date (Including interview)
As we have a high demand of placements we are unable to place all students, even if you complete the interview process we may not be able to offer you a placement at Jets.